Thursday, May 6, 2010

My first Tinkering


So, I bought this bad boy in Sacramento, knowing that there are a few small repairs that need to take place.

1. Front control arm bushings.
2. Drive belts need replacing.
3. Rear differential leak.


I am going to take it upon myself to record all my DIYs and try to save a few bucks and change the oil and the drive belts. I need to get a few tools first.

This morning, woke up, when to look under the car, and it had a little puddle under the rear diff. I felt the bolts and they were LOOSE! I grabbed my ratchet, and for the first time in forever, I tightened up my bolts and and working on my car. Still has a small leak, but it's not as bad as it was. Going to take it in the shop for the arm bushings and rear diff leak on Tuesday.

The following pic is NOT of my car, it's one I grabbed from the web, but the red circles are the bolts that I tightened.

No comments:

Post a Comment